Fried Food Friday

This weekend kicks off two days of Seattle festivals for my family, which of course means food. Lots of food. I’m still undecided on whether I’ll try the fried Snickers bar or Fried Twinkie this year. I guess I’ll just  have to wait and see what kind of mood I am in.

In honor of this weekend launch into artery clogging cuisine I thought I would look back on a few of the deep-fried treats we savored last summer; the infamous fried Oreo and corn dogs.

Somehow I had gone through life without ever having a corn dog. How was this possible?! I have no idea, but Dek loved it.

Nothing is better than food on a stick when you are almost 3 years old.

What is your favorite festival fried food?

Related Posts:

Join R We There Yet Mom for a little more summer celebration to kick off your weekend.

written by Keryn Means

Recent Posts
  • Malaysian Meanders

Definitely, no doubt about it — Funnel Cake.

• Lisa Wood

I am still to try Fried Ice-Cream, and Fried Mars Bars – hubby has tried both an loves them!

• Lisa

I’ve actually never had any festival fried food! It must not be as common here because I don’t think that I’ve ever been at a fair or festival that was selling these unusual deep fried foods. There is an English pub in our town that sells deep fried Mars bars but I’ve never tried one.

• Cathy Sweeney

I tried fried Oreos at the rodeo in Houston a few months ago. I was totally surprised at how delicious it was! I think a fried Twinkie is in the cards for me next.

• Steve

They sell deep fried Twinkies at the strip club on Freemont Street in Vegas. I’ve thought about it a few times, but haven’t quite summoned up the bravery to try it. I also haven’t been brave enough to go into a strip club while my wife is with me.

• Kayaker

Festival fried foods are always inviting. The way it entices your kids to grab one might entice you more when you see them around, funnel cakes, french fries, fried crab, fried chicken and turkey legs and yes, some more strange items too. Was it easy for you to over dose on fried foods?

• © Keryn Means/ walkingon travels

We were able to keep the fried food overload under wraps. My son was allowed to have a few sweet potato fries and I shared a fried Twinkie with 2 other adults. Can’t wait to see what our next festival will bring.

• Allison

Fried dill pickles (chips or spears) are the best! I really need to love fried foods less than I do.