The Makings of a Fantastic S’more
Nothing screams coastal vacation like open fire cooking on the beach. This past weekend we took to the sand for our culinary treats. Hot dogs are great and all, but what I craved were s’mores. Nothing fancy as long as it’s right.
3 Simple Ingredients:
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate bar of your choice
Step 1: Pick a spot to start your fire, preferably with a good view
Step 2: Get those logs nice and hot, but make sure the kids stay back.
Step 3: Roast (or flambé) your marshmallow (2 is always better than 1)
Step 4: Stack your chocolate square on top of one graham cracker
Step 5: Place 2nd graham cracker on top of marshmallows and squish
Step 6: Devour and enjoy!
Step 7: Grab a baby wipe to scrub your now sticky hands and face
Step 8: Repeat Steps 1-7
Step 9: Don’t forget to put out your fire when you are finished.
If variety is the spice of life than here are a few ways to change up your usual s’more routine and make them a little more sophisticated and fun (AKA s’mores for adults).
- Godiva, Lindt or Ghirardelli chocolate bar
- Peanut butter cups
- Moonstruck Mayan Milk Chocolate with almonds
- Toffee chocolate bar
- Dark chocolate caramel bar with sea salt
- Theo Salted Almond Chocolate bar with Orange graham crackers
- Stick all of the ingredients in a crepe
- Throw it in a bowl of vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- Grab a s’more cupcake (if you live in Seattle- Trophy Cupcake has them!)
written by Keryn Means