The Makings of a Fantastic S’more

Home / Food / The Makings of a Fantastic S’more

The Makings of a Fantastic S’more

Nothing screams coastal vacation like open fire cooking on the beach. This past weekend we took to the sand for our culinary treats. Hot dogs are great and all, but what I craved were s’mores. Nothing fancy as long as it’s right.

3 Simple Ingredients:

• Marshmallows
  • Graham Crackers
  • Chocolate bar of your choice

Step 1: Pick a spot to start your fire, preferably with a good view
Step 2: Get those logs nice and hot, but make sure the kids stay back.

Step 3: Roast (or flambé) your marshmallow (2 is always better than 1)
Step 4: Stack your chocolate square on top of one graham cracker

Step 5: Place 2nd graham cracker on top of marshmallows and squish
Step 6: Devour and enjoy!
Step 7: Grab a baby wipe to scrub your now sticky hands and face

Step 8: Repeat Steps 1-7
Step 9: Don’t forget to put out your fire when you are finished.

If variety is the spice of life than here are a few ways to change up your usual s’more routine and make them a little more sophisticated and fun (AKA s’mores for adults).

Chocolate options

• Godiva, Lindt or Ghirardelli chocolate bar
  • Peanut butter cups
  • Moonstruck Mayan Milk Chocolate with almonds
  • Toffee chocolate bar
  • Dark chocolate caramel bar with sea salt
  • Theo Salted Almond Chocolate bar with Orange graham crackers
Different packaging, still delicious
  • Stick all of the ingredients in a crepe
  • Throw it in a bowl of vanilla or chocolate ice cream
  • Grab a s’more cupcake (if you live in Seattle- Trophy Cupcake has them!)

S'more

written by Keryn Means

Keryn Means
Keryn Means
Keryn is the founder and editor-in-chief of Walking on Travels, an award-winning site that gives hope to today’s active parents who don’t want to stop their lives; they simply bring their kids along for the ride. Keryn utilizes her project management background, along with a masters degree in journalism and an undergrad degree in photography to the team to create dynamic content and a vision that keeps up with the latest technology and trends. You can find Keryn dragging her 2 boys around the DC area most days and across the globe several times a year. Follow along on their adventures on Instagram and Pinterest.
Recommended Posts
  • Lisa

All I have to say is “yummy, yummy, yummy”!!!

• Cassie

Oh my gosh, I love s’mores! I have one topping to add — my hubby discovered on a camping trip last month that BACON makes a great s’mores topping! :)

• jenny@atasteoftravel

Now I know what a s’more is and how to make one, I’ll certainly be trying them! Come on Summer! i

• Bronwen

Oh my goodness a s’more made with a peanut butter cup! Why have I never thought of that?! This could be life changing…

• Hilarye

Love your tutorial for making s’mores. So awesome. My inlaws use the fudge striped cookies from keebler to make s’mores. It’s really good but nothing beats the traditional.

• Morgan

we just love smores 😀 and traveling too! new here from the mommy mixer

• Lauren @ All Thungs Homie

Yummy! Those look delicious! Thanks for linking up to Stop, Look, Link.

• Mariel

Mmmmm…I love the idea of adding toffee! I’ve had fun looking over your blog. I would love to have you come share ‘Your Great Idea’ over at my link party, hosted on Saturdays…but you can still submit today. Hope to see you there!http://www.oneshetwoshe.com/2012/09/hello-weekend-50-mikarose-giveaway.html

• A LIVED IN Home

Oh my these look delicious! I would love for you to come link up to my Get Social link party that’s live right now. Come share your awesome blog! http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/09/get-social-sunday_8.html

• lindsay

Hi! This looks absolutely delicious! I found you at the Six Sisters’ Link party and would love for you to share them at my link party at http://mommyssweetconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/09/sweet-confessions-sunday-link-party-6.html . See you at the party!

• Nicole@Show Off Friday

That looks perfect!

• Mariel

Thanks so much for stopping by to share this! I would love to have you come again today, the link party just opened up! Each week I pick two favorites to reshare on the blog, share on Facebook, pin, and follow on Pinterest. I would love to see more of ‘Your Great Ideas,’ and I know my readers would too. :)