- Butchart Gardens - the holiday lights are a must see along with the summer fireworks
- Royal BC Museum
- Walk around Old Town and Chinatown
- Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Empress
- Downtown Winter Market
- There is a great public bus system you can use to get from downtown out to Butchart Gardens and other local attractions
- Budget Rental cars can be picked up downtown
- If you choose to drive, remember that the speed limit is in kilometers not in miles
- If you are leaving from Seattle, consider taking the Victoria Clipper. You can be in downtown Victoria in 2 hours and 45 minutes. No traffic jams, no screaming kids strapped in a car seat for hours.
- John's Place, 723 Pandora Avenue- for a hearty and pretty cheap breakfast head over to this local favorite. Lines can get long on the weekend so show up early if possible.
- Koto Sushi, 510 Fort Street, Victoria- Decent bento boxes, but nothing to write home about. Easy to grab food in a pinch if the much more popular Ebizo Sushi, 604 Broughton Street.
- Pizzeria Prima Strada, 230 Cook Street, Victoria- take a walk out of downtown Victoria and rub elbows with the locals at this neighborhood hotspot. Don't be afraid of the lineup at the door. Many people are just waiting for take out. Grab some antipasta and a few pizzas and your family is good to go!
- Hotel Grand Pacific
- Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites- review coming soon
Post to Inspire You
- 30 Hours in Victoria BC
- 12 Days of Christmas with a Twist at Butchart Gardens
- Victoria Festival of Trees Takes On Its 20th Year
- Shoes Optional at Afternoon Tea
- Soaking Up Service at the Hotel Grand Pacific
- Replace Driving With the Victoria Clipper on Your Next Holiday
Tulips Explode at Butchart GardensMay 7, 2013
On a recent trip back up to Butchart Gardens we finally saw this beloved Victoria, BC (Canada) hotspot in bloom. We visited with Dek while I was pregnant with Ty two years ago, but it was Christmas. Although the lights were spectacular, it was freezing. We were bundled up in multiple layers, taking note of […]
Soaking Up Service at the Hotel Grand PacificDecember 15, 2011
It all started with a woman named Tara and a Groupon deal. Tara was my surprisingly helpful reservation agent at the Hotel Grand Pacific in Victoria, BC. With her help, and a great hotel deal, our trip got started off on the right foot and we hadn’t even left yet. I’m finding that when you […]
Replace Driving With the Victoria Clipper on Your Next HolidayDecember 13, 2011
[caption id="attachment_3189" align="aligncenter" width="490" caption="The Clipper pulls right into Victoria's inner harbor making it easy to tackle the city on foot"] [/caption] Stick Dek in the car for more than 20 minutes and the screaming will begin, and then my screaming will begin. I have no idea why he hates the car so much. Well, […]
Ten Ways to Survive a Boat Trip While PregnantDecember 13, 2011
[caption id="attachment_3179" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Passenger ferries provide a smooth ride for pregnant moms ©Victoria Clipper"] [/caption] I realized as I sat on a boat on my way to Victoria, BC in December, that I had never been pregnant on a boat before. No sail boats, row boats or even a ferry. It wasn’t as bad […]
30 Hours in Victoria BCDecember 8, 2011
[caption id="attachment_3117" align="aligncenter" width="490" caption="Carolers take to the streets to serenade shoppers as they walk up Government Street"] [/caption] With only 30 hours in Victoria and so much to do, we weren’t even sure where to start. Honestly I had only planned the first day of our two-day trip. We would head up on the […]