Dek, Ty and I are embarking on an adventure through Europe I never would have thought I would do 4 years ago when I was pregnant with Dek. Being a mom has opened my eyes to all of the possibilities out there when it comes to not only raising kids, but seeing the world as well.
I am excited to start this extended journey and explore new parts of the continent. I have been joking for months with my friends that this is my version of backpacking in Europe since I never got to do it in college.
But what is on the agenda you ask?
Well I’ve been hinting about it a lot on my Facebook page, which if you aren’t following our journey there then you have missed out on a lot of great stuff.
Here is a taste of where we will be headed:
- Bern, Switzerland
- Northeast Italy with side trips to San Marino and Tuscany plus weekend road trip into Slovenia and Croatia
- Western Sicily with a possible trek over to Mount Etna
- London, England
What will we be doing?
- Eating…. A lot!
- Viewing the tile mosaics on the floor of the Duomo in Siena (only uncovered until October 24th!)
- Checking out Lake Bled in Slovenia
- Dipping our toes in the Mediterranean
- Sampling a few local wines
- Braving the roads of Sicily in a rental car
- Riding an iconic London double-decker bus if Dek can convince us to take the plunge (oh if only it was the purple night bus!)
I will be posting quite a bit on Facebook while we wonder so I can concentrate on the experience of travel. Have no fear; I’ll still post weekly “postcards” from our stops along the way.
In the meantime, I have a bunch of great content scheduled for you all as well as a few guest posts that are going to blow your socks off.
So away we go. We will miss Mike a lot, but regular Skype dates will help a little. Wish us luck and see you all on the other side of the pond!
Are you inspired to find exciting places to travel with your kids that you can enjoy too? Sign up to receive posts via email or RSS feed and keep up-to-date on all of our travel tips, destination reports, food favs and adventures. You can also follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
walking on travels: keep traveling, keep moving forward;
take your kids walking on life’s path to adventure
written by Keryn Means