I’m thrilled to announce the April 2012 launch of Travel Tips Tuesday, a weekly link up co-hosted by Walkingon Travels and my friend Jessica over at Suitcases and Sippy Cups. We want to see your tips on where to find the best tacos in your home town, how to change a diaper on a plane with only one hand, the guidebook that gave you information you could find no where else, the sweetest spot to curl up in an airport during a long layover, or the best time of year to trek through the Amazon. As long as you have a tip to share we want to hear about it and learn from the amazing group of travelers making their way in the world.
- How do I get in on the fun? Links will go live each MONDAY at 11pm EST. Just choose a post, visit Walkingon Travels or Suitcases and Sippy Cups and link up. Oh, and be sure to tell your friends- the more the merrier.
- Does my link have to have an actual travel tip(s) in it? Yes, we want this to be a resource for fellow and future travelers to gain insight into new, innovative or alternative ways to see the world.
- Do I have to be a family travel blogger to link up? Absolutely not. You don’t even have to solely be a travel blogger, just a traveler. All travelers have valuable tips to share, whether you hit the road with your kid(s), solo, with your partner, or just your favorite 4-legged friend.
- Does it have to be a new travel tip post? No, we understand that there is a wealth of knowledge you may have already built on your site. Please feel free to link back to an old post. We do ask that you add into your old post that it is part of Travel Tips Tuesday however and link back to us.
- Do I have to add my link onto both sites? No, you can post your link on Walkingon Travels and it will also show up on Suitcases and Sippy Cups automatically.
- How can I get the word out and promote this via Twitter? We have set up a Twitter hashtag #travtipstues for you to add to any tweets you want to write about your link.
- What if I don’t have a blog but I have a great tip? Many amazing travelers aren’t blogging about their journey. If you feel like you have a great tip to share please feel free to send it our way. We plan on hosting several “guest tips” throughout the year and will give full credit to any tips we publish.
Get those tips ready and head back here every Tuesday. Grab the official Travel Tips Tuesday button below to spread the news and let others know you are in on the fun. We can’t wait to see what you share!
written by Keryn Means