Travel the World with Duffy at the Kidcot Fun Stop in Disney’s Epcot Center
Disney Epcot lovers have long wondered how to keep their kids, especially the little ones, occupied while they taste their way through the countries around the World Showcase. Oh sure you can feed them pastries from Paris and sushi from Japan, but without a ton of rides and character experiences, Epcot’s World Showcase can be exhausting to walk through with your kids, especially when the Test Track is just on the other side of the pond. This is when the Kidcot Fun Stop at Disney World’s Epcot Center comes in handy. Not only can your kids meet cast members from across the globe, but they can also travel with Mickey’s pal Duffy, an adorable teddy bear that has traveled the world with Mickey Mouse, making Disney’s Epcot a place your kids will look forward to and want to experience with you.
What’s the idea behind the Kidcot Fun Stop?
Mickey’s friend Duffy the Disney bear is part of the Kidcot Fun Stop programming in Walt Disney World’s Epcot Center. There isn’t anything wild and amazing to point out where it is, mostly because it is a table that the kids (or enthusiastic adults) have to find somewhere in each country of the Epcot World Showcase. You and your kids can pick up a cut out of Duffy the Disney teddy bear that is stuck to a massive popsicle stick. You can sit for minutes or hours coloring in your Duffy stick puppet at that table, which is filled with markers to make each Duffy bear unique. A cast member is always at the table to draw a little flag from the country you are visiting, say hello in their native language and give you the official Kidcot Fun Stop stamp for their station. Kids can ask the cast members questions about their home country (and yes, these cast members are recruited directly from the country represented in the Epcot World Showcase).
Here’s how to participate in Kidcot Fun Stop:
- Start at any country in the World Showcase
- Find the KidCot Fun Stop table
- Ask for a Duffy bear on a stick (drawing cut out)
- Your Duffy (or character of the moment) will come with a stamp and little hand drawing for that first country.
- Let your kids start coloring in Duffy
- Head to the next “country” in Epcot. Grab a bite for you and have your kids look for the next KidCot Fun Stop station. Sometimes they are hidden, usually indoors or in the shade.
- At the next stop and every other stop after they pick up their Duffy, the cast member manning the table will stamp the stick that Duffy is stapled to and draw a little something that is unique just to that country (map, crown, flag, etc.)
- Once your kids are all finished, they have a fabulous token from their Kidcot Fun Stop adventure through the World Showcase, plus it doubles as a nice hand fan for mom when she gets hot.
WARNING: Although Duffy the Disney Bear was the highlight of the scavenger hunt this year, other Disney characters may be featured during your visit. Just look out for those Kidcot Fun Stop tables in each country of the Walt Disney World Epcot World Showcase and you will be able to keep your kids entertained as you eat, drink and shop your way around the world.
Many thanks to Walt Disney World for inviting my family to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. My stay was personally paid for, but at a discounted rate. As always, my opinions are my own. When they aren’t you will be the first to know.