Favorite Children’s Shops Around Seattle
I am always on the hunt for kid’s clothes, toys and gear. With a growing toddler and a new baby boy in the house we go through clothes rather quickly. Birthday parties are now on the calendar and presents for friends have to be hunted down and bought. Consignment and thrift shops are some of my favorite spots to find a few discounted gems, but I also have a growing list of specialty shops I know carry high quality and unique items. My list is ever-growing and changing, but here are a few of my favorite finds so far.
Toys and Gear
- Kid’s Club (UVillage)- Toys, clothes, a small selection of baby gear and even a hair cut shop fill this store to capacity. They have good sales that make things, like the Harry Potter Lego set I just picked up, even more affordable than Toys R Us.
- Once Upon A Time (Queen Anne and Bellevue Square)- European toys take over this little shop. Tea party sets, sewing kits, puzzles, books, eco-friendly toys and a selection of French infant toys are the highlights. A train set is in the shop for kids to play at while mom shops. The staff is amazing and will even entertain your kid as you browse. Unique hand-made gift cards are a great find as well.
- Wee Tots (Bellevue)- Grab yourself a cup of coffee at Belle Pastry from across the street and head into this wonderful children’s shop. Set yourself a spending limit before you go in though. With so many great toys to choose from, your kids may just break the bank. A wonderful selection of new baby gifts and gear is towards the back, while the toys are front and center up front. A large train table is available for kids to play at and a little toy testing is encouraged.
- Unique Plus (Kirkland)- Organic and eco-friendly clothes are a highlight. The owner also offers Chinese language classes for 5 months up to 7 years old. Chinese story time is also available on (call store to confirm dates). Toys, gear and skin care are also covered in this tiny shop. Check the store calendar for upcoming events for moms and kids. Open play is also available while you shop.
- Boston Street: The Children’s Everything Store (Pike Place Market)- Looking for an outfit for the punk rock or alternative baby in your life? How about for your little ballerina? Than you have come to the right place. This shop is stocked with the latest in kids fashion. The prices are high, but if you have your heart set on the Tin-Tin t-shirt or toddler blazer but just can’t find it at the mall, you will find it here. Lots of unique finds you won’t see in many other shops around the city.
- Me ‘N Moms (Ballard-2821-B NW Market Street)- a fav for maternity clothes, kids clothes and gear
- Kids on 45th (Wallingford-1720 North 45th Street)- my fav for clothing and books
- Kym’s Kiddy Corner (Northgate- 11721 15TH AVE NE)- one of my favs for toys. Bit of a mess but it’s worth digging to find some great stuff.
- Le Petit Shoppe (Laurelhurst- 3432 NE 45th St)- my fav for shoes
- Small Threads (Issaquah- 1480 NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA)- East side friend’s go-to for toys
- Sugarlump (Maple Valley- 2709 East Madison Street)- small but well stocked with great clothes
- Paron’s Closet (Wallingford Center- 1815 N. 45th Street, Suite 204 ) One of my friend’s favorite stops. Well organized, quality stuff, plus new stuff that you can buy with consignment credit. Clothes, shoes, toys, carriers, etc and maternity clothes!
- Again and A Gain (West Seattle- 4832 California Ave SW)- small shop with a great selection of new and gently used children’s clothing. There is a huge assortment of shoes to check out, some gear and toys and a nice variety of clothing.