Ultimate Gift Guide for Travelers 2013
Back by popular demand I’ve thrown together a list of gifts that are sure to knock the socks off even the toughest person on your list.
Gadgets and Gear
- Kindle Fire HD are the must-have gifts of the season for any traveler. Add on an Amazon Prime membership and your loved one can enjoy unlimited movie and TV streaming, borrow books and download tons of apps
- eBags Packing Cubes are a miracle product for all avid travelers. Whether you bounce from spot to spot, or you like to stay put in one location for a bit, you will feel like you have your home dresser with you without all that extra weight.
- Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for travel (multiple colors) are the perfect size for little ears. Better yet, the volume won’t go above a certain decibel so your child’s ears are protected.
- Belkin Rockstar Multi Headphone Splitter is great if you have only one DVD player or tablet for two or more kids to share. Everyone in the family can plug in and watch together.
Toys for travel
- Figurines from your child’s favorite shows like Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Sofia the First tucked away in a small travel pouch make it easy to bring toys on vacation without having to pack an extra suitcase.
- Spot-it and Spot-It Junior will keep the whole family busy on your next road trip.
- The Idea Box Kids: Adventure Travel helps bored kids figure out what to explore next. Sixty coins have ideas and spots for you to check out no matter where you live or travel.
- Plane Play sets bring flying the friendly skies down to your child’s level. They can prepare for take off and landing while at home, or do a few loops as they really take off on their next vacation.
- Tengu: The Pocket Pouch (8 magnetic blocks) encourage your budding architect or engineer to build skyhigh towers in a plane, train or car without you worrying about a bunch of pieces rolling around.
- Curious George Magnetic Tin Play Set brings your child’s beloved storybook characters to live. The company makes sets with other characters and themes as well.
Maps and Memories
- Bon Voyage: A Travel Journal is a fun way to keep track of your trip as you explore new sights, art and food across the globe or even in your own backyard.
- Map luminary bags will brighten up any party or just a fun night of exploring at home in your kid’s fort.
- Home State Personalized Return Address Labels show off a little flare in your snail mail. Perfect for invitations, thank you cards or just every day correspondence.
- Pretty Good Number One: An American Family Eats Tokyo by Matthew Amster-Burton. If you love to eat then you will love Amster-Burton’s latest book. Hop along with his 8-year-old daughter and wife as he discovers the diverse and satisfying cuisines that can be found in Tokyo, and even a few ideas on where to find it, told through delicious tales and funny antidotes.
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. This story carries you from modern-day Hollywood to half a century past on Italy’s northwest coast, through the trials and magic of communicating any way possible when language and reality stands in your way.
- This is Paris by M. Sasek. Quite possibly the most beautiful series of children’s books you will find to get you excited about your next adventure. This is Paris shows off just why the City of Light is worth the trip. Don’t forget to grab other books from this same series. There are more than enough to choose from!
- The Scrambled States of America by Laurie Keller. This silly tale of the states switching places to see what is cool about living elsewhere will have you and your kids giggling with glee and learning about our diverse nation in the most entertaining way.
- Recipe 4 Cute has adorable prints and dolls for your little one to enjoy. I’m in love with her Pigs Over Paris print. The prices are affordable and the artist does custom work!
- Adventures World Map Travel Poster (11×17) inspires young (and old) wanderlusters to seek out new adventures across the globe.
Handmade stocking stuffers
- Bucket List Journal by BlueToad. Keep your travel dreams and memories all in one spot with this beautifully handmade journal featuring plenty of blank pages and maps.
- Custom Long Distance Friendship Travel Mugs by 3BetweenSisters. Great for siblings, best friends and loved ones separated by miles across the country.
- Travel Wallet/ Passport holder by TheRubyCottage. Keep your passport and other travel documents in one tidy spot with this beautiful blue and white clothe wallet featuring French stamps.
- Suitcase DIY Christmas Ornament by Stuffed Suitcases will have you running for your glue gun and searching through photos to include.
- Family Passport Holder PDF Sewing Pattern for Travel Organization by BLISSFULpatterns adds a little flair to your next overseas trip.
Need more ideas? Check out last year’s Ultimate Gift Guide for Travelers 2012.
This post contains affiliate links.
Photo credits: all products images are property of their creator.