Ultimate Gift Guide for Travelers 2013
Back by popular demand I’ve thrown together a list of gifts that are sure to knock the socks off even the toughest person on your list. To make it even easier for you I’ve created an Ultimate Gift Guide for Travelers 2013 page in my Amazon. All you have to do is click instead of standing in endless lines on Black Friday.
Speaking of Black Friday, keep an eye on the various shopping sites, including Amazon and Etsy (both featured here). Every site is sure to have deals over the next few weeks to help you save a little more.
- Kindle Fire HD or HDX are the must-have gifts of the season for any traveler. Add on an Amazon Prime membership and your loved one can enjoy unlimited movie and TV streaming, borrow books and download tons of apps
- Otterbox Defender Series Protective Case for Kindle Fire HD 7”. If you have ever worried about dropping your tablet then this is the case for you. Trust me. The baby and toddler at my house have put it through the ringer.
- STM Cable Wrap keeps all of your cords, power cables and adapters in one, very organized spot. Never forget your phone charger again or deal with a tangled mess.
- eBags Packing Cubes are a miracle product for all avid travelers. Whether you bounce from spot to spot, or you like to stay put in one location for a bit, you will feel like you have your home dresser with you without all that extra weight.
- Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for travel (multiple colors) are the perfect size for little ears. Better yet, the volume won’t go above a certain decibel so your child’s ears are protected.
- Belkin Rockstar Multi Headphone Splitter is great if you have only one DVD player or tablet for two or more kids to share. Everyone in the family can plug in and watch together.
Toys for travel
- Figurines from your child’s favorite shows like Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Phineas and Ferb and Sofia the First tucked away in a small travel pouch make it easy to bring toys on vacation without having to pack an extra suitcase.
- Eco-friendly Kids-Travel Activity Bag includes a chalkboard, puzzle and more for your little adventurer to stay entertained without any screen time to depend on.
- Spot-it and Spot-It Junior will keep the whole family busy on your next road trip.
- The Idea Box Kids: Adventure Travel helps bored kids figure out what to explore next. Sixty coins have ideas and spots for you to check out no matter where you live or travel.
- Matchbox planes and play sets bring flying the friendly skies down to your child’s level. They can prepare for take off and landing while at home, or do a few loops as they really take off on their next vacation.
- Tengu: The Pocket Pouch (8 magnetic blocks) encourage your budding architect or engineer to build skyhigh towers in a plane, train or car without you worrying about a bunch of pieces rolling around.
- Curious George Magnetic Tin Play Set brings your child’s beloved storybook characters to live. The company makes sets with other characters and themes as well.
Subscriptions for everyone in the family
- Little Passports World Edition- 1 year subscription– this adorable monthly subscription brings the world to your children with games, activities and tales of fabulous places across the globe.
- Escape Monthly– you can’t always be on vacation, so why not get inspired with a box that highlights a new city each month with books, products and more from that region. My Napa box even included a $50 wine gift card, which was more than the monthly subscription fee!
- AFAR Magazine– get inspired to reach a little farther and book that dream vacation. The magazine’s online presence compliments the print magazine that you and your loved ones can drool over all month long.
Maps and Memories
- Personalized leather travel luggage tag will let people know just who’s bag it is at the airport and while you are on the road.
- Wanderlust 2014 5×7 Desk Calendar will keep you inspired to travel even in the months you are stuck behind your desk at the office.
- Bon Voyage: A Travel Journal is a fun way to keep track of your trip as you explore new sights, art and food across the globe or even in your own backyard.
- Map luminary bags will brighten up any party or just a fun night of exploring at home in your kid’s fort.
- Home State Personalized Return Address Labels show off a little flare in your snail mail. Perfect for invitations, thank you cards or just every day correspondence.
- The Family Traveler’s Handbook by Mara Gorman. Overwhelmed by the mere thought of picking a destination that is right for your family, planning an itinerary and keeping your clan healthy on the road? Well then this is the book for you. Family travel expert Mara Gorman covers all of this and more.
- The Travel Mamas Guide by Colleen Lanin. Grab practical advice on everything from packing to travel toys and road trip activities to help you stay sane. Family vacation planning will never feel like a chore again!
- Pretty Good Number One: An American Family Eats Tokyo by Matthew Amster-Burton. If you love to eat then you will love Amster-Burton’s latest book. Hop along with his 8-year-old daughter and wife as he discovers the diverse and satisfying cuisines that can be found in Tokyo, and even a few ideas on where to find it, told through delicious tales and funny antidotes.
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. This story carries you from modern-day Hollywood to half a century past on Italy’s northwest coast, through the trials and magic of communicating any way possible when language and reality stands in your way.
- This is Paris by M. Sasek. Quite possibly the most beautiful series of children’s books you will find to get you excited about your next adventure. This is Paris shows off just why the City of Light is worth the trip. Don’t forget to grab other books from this same series. There are more than enough to choose from!
- The Scrambled States of America by Laurie Keller. This silly tale of the states switching places to see what is cool about living elsewhere will have you and your kids giggling with glee and learning about our diverse nation in the most entertaining way.
- Recipe 4 Cute has adorable prints and dolls for your little one to enjoy. I’m in love with her Pigs Over Paris print. The prices are affordable and the artist does custom work!
- Adventures World Map Travel Poster (11×17) inspires young (and old) wanderlusters to seek out new adventures across the globe.
- Surprise your movie loving traveler with retro travel posters inspired by Star Wars, Harry Potter and even Narnia
Handmade stocking stuffers
- Bucket List Journal by BlueToad. Keep your travel dreams and memories all in one spot with this beautifully handmade journal featuring plenty of blank pages and maps.
- Custom Long Distance Friendship Travel Mugs by 3BetweenSisters. Great for siblings, best friends and loved ones separated by miles across the country.
- Travel Wallet/ Passport holder by TheRubyCottage. Keep your passport and other travel documents in one tidy spot with this beautiful blue and white clothe wallet featuring French stamps.
- Suitcase DIY Christmas Ornament by Stuffed Suitcases will have you running for your glue gun and searching through photos to include.
- Family Passport Holder PDF Sewing Pattern for Travel Organization by BLISSFULpatterns adds a little flair to your next overseas trip.
- For more DIY ideas check out my Pinterest board – Craft Ideas and Travel Inspired Crafts.
Need more ideas? Check out last year’s Ultimate Gift Guide for Travelers 2012.
This post contains affiliate links to my Amazon store. You are not charged any more than you would pay on Amazon.com. All proceeds go towards maintaining this site. Photo credits: all products images are property of their creator.