Lights Explode at Longwood Gardens this Christmas
This week I waxed on about Longwood Gardens and why it is an amazing place to check out during the day with toddlers. We were not able to stay for the nighttime lights, but I wanted to give you a peek at what would be in store if you made it down in the evening hours.
Happy holidays everyone!
Know Before You Go
- Longwood Gardens, 1001 Longwood Road, Kennet Square, PA
- Christmas display: now through January 6, 2013
- Hours: 9am to 9pm, Christmas lights go on at 3:30pm. Hours change to 9am to 5pm after January 6th.
- Tickets: $18 adults/ $8 students/ children under 4 are free. Timed Tickets needed for night time and weekend viewing during the holiday season, weekdays are quieter.
- Parking: free!
- Food: pack a snack or grab a bite at the Cafe. For a little more formal dining make a reservation at 1906.
- Dress: Wear layers as you will be going indoors to the greenhouse and conservatory, and outside to see all of the gorgeous lights.
- Strollers? Yes, the pathways and conservatory are very stroller friendly. However, if you are there during peak times at night for the lights you may want to carry babies so you can move more freely.
All photos courtesy of Longwood Gardens