Zahara, Spain Destination Guide
Know before you go
- Zahara Castle: free to the public
- Flashlight: The stairways are dark in Zahara castle and there are no lights in it.
- Stroller friendly: No. Pack your baby carrier to hike with little ones to the top. An ErgoBaby carrier works just fine.
- Warning: The climb can be steep in spots and there are no fences to catch you if you fall. Hold onto children’s hands to make sure they don’t fall down the mountain.
- Parking: in the town square or at the base of the hill. There is only one direction into town and one direction out. You can’t miss the castle parking.