Spend a day in Zion National Park with kids
Where to stay
The drive into Springdale, UT towards Zion National Park is overflowing with lodging options that will be happy to have you and your children stay. We loved the Cliffrose Lodge and Garden. It was an easy five-minute walk into the park, located along the Virgin River and a short distance from restaurants in town. The rooms were spacious and comfy and the staff went above and beyond to make our stay effortless and enjoyable. The included breakfast didn’t hurt either.
What to pack
- Hiking boots or good walking shoes
- Snacks for your hikes
- Picnic lunch (unless you eat in the park at the lodge)
- Kid carrier (strollers will work on very few trails)
- Park entrance fee $25 per vehicle/ $12 per pedestrian
- Cell phones do not work in the park. Stick to the trails.
- Check the weather before you start a hike. Distant storms can cause flash floods. Ask park rangers at the visitor’s center if you aren’t sure about weather or trail conditions.
- You will need more water than you think. It is the desert and you will dehydrate more quickly while hiking around the park, especially if you are carrying a kid on your back.