Wolfeboro NH Restaurants to Enjoy When on Lake Winnipesaukee
Sitting on the dock at Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire, watching the sunset each evening is one of life’s little joys each summer. But you can’t dine on sunsets. You need to eat. We are breaking down some of the Wolfeboro NH restaurants you should have on your radar this season.
Wolfeboro is a small New England town, best known as America’s oldest resort town. It’s bursting with fabulous bakeries, a few stellar ice cream shops, and more fresh produce than you can pack into a week at the lake. So, now it is time to dive in and make sure your lake vacation in New Hampshire tastes as good as it looks.
Wolfeboro NH Restaurants
We take breakfast very seriously around here. Although Wolfeboro doesn’t have any spots that really WOW us with unique offerings, there are plenty of spots to grab a cup of Joe, some pancakes and scrambled eggs with family and friends.
- Morrisey’s Front Porch, 286 S Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. A Wolfeboro instutution and possible one of our favorites.
- Wolfeboro Dockside Grille, 11 Dockside St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Great views as it sits right on the lake. All counter service. Mostly pastries and coffee.
- Wolfeboro Diner, 5 N Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Your basic diner fare at cheap prices. They open early, but are open only a few days a week.
- Katie’s Kitchen, 35 Center St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Definitely a local spot with cheap eats, friendly service and simple, decent fare.
- Full Belli Deli, 15 Mill St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Great subs and sandwiches. Perfect for a day on the lake!
- Downtown Grille Café, 33 S Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894.Lots of different options. Nothing noteworthy, but all decent eats to fit any palate.
- Jo Greens Garden Cafe, 33 Dockside St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. A culinary tour of the world. Want Mexican, pizza, sandwiches, or salads? It’s all here.
You can never go wrong with pizza when you are staying at the lake. Sit down or take out; just pick your style of pie and dive in.
- Nolans Brick Oven Bistro, 39 N Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894.
- Louis Pizza, 15 Center St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894.
- Anthony’s Old Style Pizzeria, 35 Center St, Wolfeboro Falls, NH 03896.
- Mise En Place, 96 Lehner St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. As fine dining as you get in Wolfeboro. They do offer take out.
- Wolfe Trap Grill & Rawbar, 19 Bay St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. This is where you go for a great fresh lobster dinner in town.
- Garwoods Restaurant and Pub, 6 N Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Pub fare on the water with nice views. Open for lunch and dinner.
- East of Suez, 775 South Main Street, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Very tasty Asian-inspired cuisine and you can bring your own wine!
- La Boca, 50 N Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Cocktail hour kicks off the night at 3pm and dinner opens at 5pm.
Farmers Markets and Stands
Wolfeboro Area Farmers Market, 233 S Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. The summer market is on Thursdays at Clark Park from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. There is a winter market. Check the website for dates and times.
Devylder’s Farm, 563 Pleasant Valley Rd, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Definitely our favorite farm to visit whenever we need fresh produce (and donuts). You can also pick your own berries, which is a great activity if you have to keep the kids entertained. Loads of fresh peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, herbs and berries from the farm, but also other produce they bring in from other regions like peaches, avocados, etc. to save you a trip to the grocery store.
Wolfe Trap Grill & Rawbar, 19 Bay St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. The spot to go when you want seafood and great lobster, but maybe have a kid that needs a burger. You can also pick up lobsters to take home.
Hunter’s Shop N’ Save Sale: The local grocery store has an annual sale where they pull up a truck and sell lobster for a ridiculous price by the pound. When the truck is empty the sale is over. Get there first thing in the morning to line up. Local residents and vacationers know this is the place to be in late July.
Bakeries and Desserts
- StellaLoona, 13 Railroad Ave, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. The Blueberry Crumble tart is what first won my heart at StellaLoona, which I found years ago at the farmers market. They have since gone brick and mortar, expanding into a gift shop/ pastry shop. Their savory croissants are also a delightfully light lunch while walking around town.
- Hunters Foodstore, 60 S Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Yes, you can find amazing, homemade desserts in a grocery store. The giant Whoopie pies are a must every week and the raspberry-filled shortcakes are little bursts of tart goodness.
- DeVylder’s Farm, 563 Pleasant Valley Rd, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Just outside of downtown Wolfeboro, you will find this divine farm that sells fresh produce, freshly-made cookies, pies and Chichester Country Store donuts (our favorite!).
- La Boca, 50 N Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. The French baguette has come to Wolfeboro and it is made by a sweet Guatamalan pastry chef who aimed to please his father-in-law with this slightly sore, perfectly fermented yeast bread. His Guatamalan rolls are always a must as well as his chocolate chip cookies and “not-to-sweet, but oh so perfectly chocolatey” brownie (my name for it, not his). La Boca is a bakery by day, but has a restaurant connected to it that opens at night and is run by the chef’s wife (also a chef).
- Bailey’s Bubble, 5 Railroad Ave, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. This is the ice cream spot in town. Yes, you can get ice cream at other shops, but this is where everyone goes that is in the know. Softserve is twirled higher than your head… and that is the small. Make sure you check the board for specialty flavors, like blueberry pie and the Green Monster, too!
- Bly Farm, 620 Center St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Stop in for some fresh produce, but they also have some fabulous ice cream with diehard fans that keep coming back for more.
- From Scratch Baking Co., 36 Center St, Wolfeboro, NH 03884. There are many reasons to stop in, but you will want to make sure you pick up the delectable mini cupcakes!
A note about the Yum Yum Shop- this 60+ year old institution closed in Fall 2016. We are all very sad to see it go as four generations of our family have enjoyed it.
The art of beer has swept the nation, and Wolfeboro, New Hampshire was not left behind. The local grocery stores and liquor store carry New England brews, but two spots in town went one step farther.
- Beveridge Craft Beer and Soap Co., 51 N Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. Pop in for a tasting or just pick up a few bottles, a six pack or a case to go. They also have a very nice selection of ciders.
- Lone Wolfe Brewing Company, 36 Mill St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894. A nano-brewery with a 20-seat taproom for tastings or just enjoying a pint.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Many thanks to Erica and Sally, our local friends at the lake, for their expert opinions, as they see restaurants come and go throughout the year, while we just get to taste each summer when we stay at their cabin.